COBA ENCUENTRO MAYA TOUR
Visit the impressive archaeological site of Coba and discover the amazing Nohoch Mul, the highest temple in the Yucatan Peninsula. From the top you will have stunning views of the jungle.
Visit a secluded maya village and enjoy its well preserved natural beauties, lagoons, cenote (sinkhole), jungle paths, and the natural reserve that protects the local flora and fauna.
Rappel down thrilling cenote and soar the canopy in breathtaking ziplines, immerse yourself in pristine cenotes of crystalline water and delight with a typical maya lunch (typical food, soft drinks and hand-made tortillas).
Photographers of the maya communities will take great pictures of you during the activities!
IF YOUR PICK/UP and DROP/OFF IS IN CANCUN
This tour is available: Mondays through Sunday in English and Spanish (Please specify during booking)
Monday and Wednesday in French (Please specify during booking)
Pick up: between 6:30 and 8:30 am depending on your location
IF YOUR PICK/UP and DROP/OFF IS IN RIVIERA MAYA(between Puerto Morelos and Tulum)
This tour is available: Mondays through Sunday in English and Spanish
Monday to Friday in French
Monday, Wednesday and Friday in German
Wednesday and Friday in Italian
Wednesday in Dutch
Pick up: between 6:50 and 9:10 am depending on your location
CANOE OR KAYAK
Setting out on a gentle canoe trip on fresh water lagoon you will be able to appreciate the exquisite natural surroundings.
TWO ZIPLINES CROSSING
Experience the amazing feeling of flying through the pristine rainforest and over the Cayman Cenote or the Cenote de la vida.
A refreshing dip in the crystal clear, fresh water of the cenotes (underground caves).
Visit Coba, the archaeological site.
Be part of an authentic blessing Maya ceremony that a shaman will perform for you.
We will teach you to rappel into an impressive cenote (sinkhole), descending approximately 17 meters.
- transportation in small groups
- archaeological tour guide
- entrance fee to Coba
- traditional lunch
- equipment required for activities
- Comfortable clothes and shoes (that hold the heel and preferably cover the fingers)
- Change of clothes
- Swim suit on
- Extra set of clothing
- Cash or credit card for crafts, vehicle insurance and photos
- This expedition is not suitable for physically challenged, or people who suffer heart conditions, respiratory or back problems.
- It is not recommended for pregnant women.
- Children under 6 years old cannot participate.
- People under the influence of alcohol or toxic substances won’t be allowed to participate.
- For safety reasons, at Emotions Native Park, using cameras and recording devices of any kind (including cell phones, or tablets) are not allowed, except for “action cam” (Gopro) style, only if it is assembled on a chest or head mount during the excursion.
7:00 to 8:00 a.m. Pick up at your hotel (within Riviera Maya or Cancun) or a predetermined location (closest to you) if not staying at a hotel. This will be confirmed with you upon booking.
9:00 to 10:00 a.m. (Arrival at Coba or maya village -according to the logistics-)
Maya Encounter (3 hours)
You will have the opportunity to see how the maya people live today and experience extraordinary adventure activities in the jungle.
• Hiking: walk through the jungle and learn about the flora and fauna of the region.
• Maya ceremony: delve into the natural wonders and participate in an authentic ceremony of blessings carried out by a maya shaman of the community and scented by copal.
• Rappel: descend approximately 15 meters (49 ft.) into the impressive <Cenote Jaguar> (sinkhole).
• Swimming: refresh in the wonderful <Cenote Jaguar> of crystal clear water.
• Two ziplines crossing: fly over the <Cenote Caiman> and the <Mojarras Lagoon> while admiring the lush vegetation.
• Suspension Bridge: overcome your fears through an imposing cenote on an amazing suspension bridge.
• Canoe or kayak: sail in tame lagoons of immense tranquility and beauty.
• Traditional meal: enjoy an authentic maya menu including soup, chicken, vegetables, rice, beans and hand-made corn tortillas.
Coba (2:00 hours guided tour of the archeological site)
Visit temples and the legendary ballgame of this majestic archeological site. Follow the paths to arrive at the <Nohoch Mul>, the highest temple in the whole Yucatan Peninsula from the top of which you will enjoy breathtaking views of the amazing jungle that surrounds the site. Optional bike rental is available at the site for your convenience.
4:30 to 5:30 p.m.Approximate return to your hotel/drop off location