EK BALAM CENOTE MAYA
Visit the archaeological site of Ek’Balam, an ancient maya city that knew its glory before Chichen Itzá. This archaeological site is one of the latest maya archaeological attractions because of its most recent restoration works.
Explore the majestic Cenote Maya with the largest dome in the Yucatan Peninsula. You can swim in this natural jewel and enjoy some adventure activities. Discover the maya culture, visit an authentic maya house, participate in an authentic blessing ceremony and enjoy traditional buffet prepared with organic vegetables from our own orchard.
Photographers of the maya communities will take great pictures of you during the activities!
IF YOUR PICK/UP and DROP/OFF IS IN CANCUN
This tour is available: Monday, Wednesday and Friday in English, Spanish and French (Please specify during booking)
Pick up: between 6:30 and 8:30 am depending on your location)
IF YOUR PICK/UP and DROP/OFF IS IN RIVIERA MAYA(between Puerto Morelos and Tulum)
This tour is available: Monday to Sunday in English and Spanish
Monday to Saturday in French (Please specify during booking)
Monday, Wednesday and Friday in German (Please specify during booking)
Monday and Thursday in Italian (Please specify during booking)
Tuesday in Dutch (Please specify during booking)
Pick up: between 6:50 and 9:10 am depending on your location
- transportation in small groups
- continental breakfast on board
- archaeological tour guide,
- entrance fee to Ek´Balam
- equipment required for activities
- traditional lunch
- bring comfortable shoes (that hold the heel and preferably cover the fingers)
- change of clothes
- swim suit
- extra shirt
- cash or credit card for crafts and photos.
- only biodegradable sunblock or insect repellent
- This expedition is not recommended for persons with any type of disability, or people who suffer heart conditions, respiratory or back problems.
- It is not recommended for pregnant women or children under 6 years old.
- People under the influence of alcohol or toxic substances won’t be allowed to participate.
- For safety reasons, hands should be kept free, using cameras and recording devices of any kind (including cell phones, or tablets) is not allowed, except for “action cam” (Gopro) style, only if it is assembled on a chest or head mount during the excursion.
7:00 to 8:00 a.m. Pick up at your hotel (within Riviera Maya or Cancun) or a predetermined location (closest to you) if not staying at a hotel. This will be confirmed with you upon booking.
10:00 to 10:30 a.m. Arrival at Ek’Balam or Cenote Maya Park -according to logistics-.
Ek’Balam (1.45 hours guided tour at the archaeological site)
This archaeological site which in maya language means <black jaguar>, is one of the most impressive ceremonial centers of the Yucatan Peninsula, you will witness the incredible decoration of temples and plazas. Admire the unique sculptures in high relief that have surprised archaeologists and visitors. Walk through remarkable buildings and get detailed explanations provided by your expert guide during the tour.
12:20 p.m. (Arrival at Cenote Maya Native Park -approximate time-)
Cenote Maya Native Park (3 hours at the park)
• Visit and refresh yourself at the Cenote Maya: descend into the region’s most impressive cenote of 60 m (196 feet) diameter and an almost perfect circular shape. Its crystal-clear waters and geological formations make it a great natural jewel. Ascend from the underworld through a tunnel or use the large wooden staircase.
• Optional included adventure activities: swimming, diving, <trepachanga> (ropes), <Tarzan vine> and rappel down 26 m (85 feet). 120 kgs (264 lbs) is the maximum weight for the rappel activity.
• Maya ritual: delve into the natural wonders and participate in an authentic ceremony of blessings carried out by a maya shaman of the community and scented by copal.
• Traditional meal: enjoy a traditional menu made with organic orchard supplies and handmade tortillas.
5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Approximate return to your hotel/drop off location