JUNGLA MAYA NATIVE PARK
Discover Jungla Maya which is the main entrance into the amazing Sac-Actun system, the world’s longest underground river, explored and recommended by National Snorkeler specialized cave divers.
Snorkel surrounded by awesome rock formations.
Ride through the jungle on our all-terrain vehicles.
Rappel down into a cenote (sinkhole) and swim in a unique natural pool.
Enjoy nature flying over the jungle on exciting zip-lines. Participate in a traditional maya blessing ceremony.
Photographers of the maya communities will take great pictures of you during the activities!
- transportation for small groups
- traditional lunch
- tour guide
- entrance fee to the park
- 4×4 ride
- equipment required for activities
- bring comfortable shoes (that hold the heel and preferably cover the fingers)
- change of clothes
- swim suit
- extra shirt
- cash or credit card for crafts and photos
- only biodegradable sunblock or insect repellent
- This expedition is not recommended for persons with any type of disability or people who suffer heart conditions, respiratory or back problems.
- It is not recommended for pregnant women or children under 6 years old.
- People under the influence of alcohol or toxic substances won’t be allowed to participate.
- For safety reason, hands should be kept free, the use of cameras and recording devices of any kind (including cell phones, or tablets) is not allowed, except for “action cam” (Go Pro) style, only if it is assembled on a chest or head mount during the excursion.
Go through the jungle in Mercedes Benz Unimog trucks, which are all-terrain vehicles
Descend 12 meters into the cenote and swim in the crystal clear waters of Yaxmuul
Fly over the trees to appreciate the landscape in zip lines, one of them aquatizes in a cenote
REFRESH AT THE CENOTE
Cool off in the clear waters of Nohoch Na Chlich, entrance to an underground river.
Snorkel in crystal clear waters, recommended by National Geographic
Step into the jungle and participate in an authentic blessing ceremony
7:00 to 8:30 a.m. Pick up at your hotel (within Riviera Maya or Cancun) or a predetermined location (closest to you) if not staying at a hotel. This will be confirmed with you upon booking.
9:00 to 9:30 a.m. Arrival at Jungla Maya Native Park.
JUNGLA MAYA NATIVE PARK (4 hours at the park)
• 4×4 ride: cross the jungle in all terrain trucks.
• Rappel: rappel 12 meteres (40ft) down and swim in <Yaxmuul>, a natural underground pond of crystal-clear waters and awesome rock formations.
• Zip-lines: fly over the lush forest on zip-lines, watch out! there is one water-landing!
• Refresh at the cenote: visit the <Nohoch Nah Chiich> cave, the amazing entrance to the Sac-Actun System, the world’s longest underwater river explored throughout 220 kilometers (137 miles).
• Cave Snorkel: snorkel in crystal clear waters surrounded by awesome rock formations and millenary stalactites and stalagmites.
• Maya ceremony: delve into the natural wonders and participate in an authentic ceremony of blessings carried out by a maya shaman of the community and scented by copal.
• Traditional meal: enjoy an authentic maya menu including soup, chicken, vegetables, rice and beans.
2:00 to 3:00 p.m. Approximate return to your hotel/drop off location